Prabhat Tara hostel was inaugurated on 31st October 1987 by Mrs. Margaret Alva, the then Minister for Sports and youth affairs.
The hostel is open to unmarried working women between 18 to 35 years, without any discrimination of caste, creed, race, language, place of birth. A few rooms are also reserved for students.
The hostel aims at:
Each resident is responsible for creating an atmosphere of understanding, collaboration and friendliness which will make her stay at Prabhat Tara a pleasant experience.
- Helping, encouraging and providing opportunities for the growth and development of young working women.
- Provides facilities for the welfare and security of the residents.
- Promotes healthy and homely atmosphere.
- The application must be made in person to the Hostel Warden on the prescribed form.
- Selection for admission to the hostel is done by an admission committee of the management. The applicant will be called for an interview along with her local guardian and all the required documents.
- Accommodation is given for a term of 11 months. This is renewable for a maximum period of 4 additional terms of 11 months each.
- Readmission will be at the discretion of the management.
- Two seater and Four seater rooms are available.
- A bed, a table and chair is provided for each resident. The rooms have built in cupboards with independent locking arrangements.
- Self cooking: Kitchens are provided with gas stoves, cabinets and a refrigerator.
- Dining hall also available for common use.
- Recreational facilities like television, badminton court etc.
Hostel charges will be revised every year in the month of April.
- Rs.3500/- per month for 4 seater rooms.
- Rs.4500/- for 2 seater rooms.
- In time : By 9pm
- Five late passes(by 10pm) and five night out passes in a month.
- Room lights off by 11 pm
- Library room available for study after 11pm.
Termination of Stay
Residents are required to give one month advance notice in writing or pay the full fees in lieu of notice.
Temporary accommodation for resident's family is provided, depending on the availability of guest rooms.